Thursday, June 22, 2006

Sweetpeas.Took this photo after i had stripped the plants to make several bunches of sweetpeas to take into work for my freinds,it is my birthday this Sunday so i took them in instead of cream cakes along with 3 carrier bags full of mixed veg,well they all tell me they are on diets :)
My youngest son Lewis doing a bit or should i say a lot of strimming for me,the weeds grow faster than the veg!!!
Yellow courgettes,had 9 courgettes off this one plant so far,yummy.I am also growing 'black night' which is a dark green variety.

These are one crop of my 3 varieties of sweetcorn,this one is 'minipop'.I have planted a pumpkin plant in the middle of them which was given to me a couple of weeks ago,it as grown a fair bit since i took this photo last week.

5 comments:

STEVE PARTRIDGE said...

Hi Rebecca, great pictures and update. Your crops are looking really good, you are more advanced with some of them than myself.Happy Birthday by the way, it was mine on the 13th as well but I kept that info quiet, regards Steve.

Greenmantle said...

Hi Bex - Just stumble over your Blog from Allotments UK - Looks great, and so does the plot.

Have linked you at my own site

Best

Greenmantle

bexsallotment said...

Hello greenmantle,thanx for your comment,great to hear from someone new.Checked out your blog,very impressive,will keep looking for updates.
Keep up the fab work
bex

NoForkandGood said...

Dearest Bexy,

Sup ma sexy bird from the East? :)

Watch out for Mr P there complimenting you on your crops, hehe. Just kidding. He's quite right, your crops are looking quite impressive! I gotta get me some of those snake plants for next year though.

And I can't believe, instead of cream cakes (which is tradition, diet or not) that you went into work on your birthday with a bag of sweet pea's and a bag of mixed veg. The looks on their faces. "Mary, what did you have? A potato. You? Onion. " Hehe.

luv,

NFG.. xx

Ziggywigs said...

Hi Bex great blog.....not sure i like the look of the grass snakes though! I would run a mile....only thing we have up here is Adders! aarrrgh!